Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI 1.6 Coming Very Soon?

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
If your like me you have a folder on your machine that updates from the SVN repository on a regular basis (mine auto-updates at 9PM PST, there are rarely any commits after that time and it seems to be when I can actually sit down and work uninterrupted). I don't always use the latest SVN version, especially if I'm already in the middle of a project, but at least I know I always have the latest.

Regardless, if you've been checking the logs (and you are aren't you - how do you know what's changed) you will see that CodeIgniter has received a ton of attention lately. The dynamic duo of Derek & Derek have been working their tails off.

Derek Jones has been absent from CI development for awhile now, but this week he comes in with 36% of the commits. Derek Allard, who keeps pretty busy committing code that takes in all of our suggestions and bug reports, has committed 40 changes this week - a 660% increase over last week.

But, the most telling of all - this log entry:
Quote:Revision 837, derekallard, 9:45:14 AM, Saturday. January 19, 2008
change CI_VERSION

and the corresponding changes to /system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php:
Code:
// CI Version
define('CI_VERSION',    '1.6.0');

HOORAY!

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I believe it was a remark on the forum that the version constant wasn't changed already.

If they keep committing like this i think it's best the incubation period last a little longer to spot bugs before the final release.

[eluser]dawnerd[/eluser]
There was also a comment made today on the forums that 1.6 is going to get db_session built in, or something like it.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
@dawnerd : was it a Ellislab developer who made the comment?

[eluser]dawnerd[/eluser]
Sure was!

[eluser]Seppo[/eluser]
I´m glad to see that i´m not the only one, Michael... when I get tired of coding I just svn up | svn log | svn diff =)

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Both of your input has been greatly appreciated. Because of the number of features added (and those that we still want to add) we're trying to give it a bit of extra time in the hands of the community. We also want to squash more bugs before it goes out.

[eluser]cinewbie81[/eluser]
What's new in CI1.6 ?

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Tonnes Wink

http://dev.ellislab.com/svn/CodeIgniter/...gelog.html

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB