Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SIMPLE paypal donation

[eluser]ztoby[/eluser]
greetings

sorry for posting a frequent topic, but after many many many many hours of googling i'm really confused.

I just want to integrate a simple paypal donation - NOT buying items - and i can't seem to find where to start from.

what i want is a form with the amount the user donates
then he is taken to paypal to pay
and then back to website for a thnx page

so, is codeigniter-paypal-ipn needed? is it used to send the user to paypal or just after the user comes back? can i use a sandbox paypal account to test the donation process

sorry again if the question is dumb but i'm new to codeigniter
any help would be really appreciated
zto

[eluser]ztoby[/eluser]
any help would be appreciated
thanks

[eluser]ztoby[/eluser]
i'll keep replying myself Tongue

can anybody at least point me where to look for some basic steps?

[eluser]xerobytez[/eluser]
If all you need is a simple donation form then you need to look in PayPal for that. Login to paypal then click on the "Merchant Services" tab. Then in the upper left hand corner there is a "Create payment buttons for your website". From there you can generate a donation form where people can enter an amount to donate. IPN is used to notify your website programmatically that you received a payment, most often used to unlock digital goods or track sales in a application. Hope this helps.

[eluser]ztoby[/eluser]
thank you very much, that makes things a bit more clear. So i will not need any ipn library as long as i don't want verification of the donation

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB