Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
upgrading to codeigniter 3

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello,

I am curious about the changes from codeigniter 2 to codeigniter 3. Is codeigniter 3 a complete rewrite with fundamental conceptual changes? or is it a partial rewrite (eg. only small changes to coding structure, style, improvements/addons, bug fixes, etc)?

Although I have read the page on upgrading to codeigniter 3, I am not sure how much change to the existing business code I need to make. Also, is it safe to upgrade existing project based on codeigniter 2 to codeigniter 3 stable after its release?

Thank you for any comments on this matter.

Dave

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
It is not a complete rewrite. 2.1.x apps will be compatible with 3.0 with minor changes, most notably the Input class now returns NULL instead of FALSE for non-existant GET/POST values. There are a few other changes needed, and they will be detailed on the Upgrade page of the user guide when 3.0 is released.

And of course it will be safe to upgrade, once the stable version is released. That's the point of a stable version Smile Just keep an eye out for any bug fixes and such, which will inevitably show up as 3.0 becomes more widely used and more feedback is provided.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB