Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Installing an old application to a new server

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
yep

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
We've gone backwards then.
You've stepped through the lines in MY_Controller.
We can start by commenting out all the code, then adding one line at time to find the failure point.
I suspect we get back to the first call needing the database and it fails at that point.

I'm stuck, open to suggestions...

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
Dont look at me for suggestions, you are the smart one Smile And I have commented out the controller and worked through line by line, thats how I found that the problem was with the database

Wish I knew more about the inner workings of CI's code. Since it works on one server, the code IS functional, which means something about the server installation is different, I have no idea exactly what that might be. I don't have room on my system to put duplicate of your server, which is about the only way I see to dig deeper.

To all you who are following the LONG thread, suggestions are welcome.

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
Thanks for sticking with me through this mate, I know I always come up with the most frustrating problems...

I'll keep thinking about this. The server looks to be the most likely "culprit" at this point and I'm limited in what I can test from here. Still, it has been fun and I hope we can find a solution.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have this problem also, as soon as I load or autoload the database, my CI 2.1.3 install white screens. CI works like a charm on my localhost wamp setup. On my shared linux hosting, blank pages. (unless I don't load the DB, then I get the 'Welcome')

I'm not a server admin, but from what I can see it should be able to run CI. I've had every major CMS on this host run in the past few years. Wordpress, Joomla, Pligg, etc.. They all make heavy use of mysql, so I'm stumped as to why loading the database with CI is causing it to http 500 with a blank page. I also run phpmyadmin on this same host and it is fine.

This is a blank vanilla install with CI 2.1.3. Not one line of custom code yet.

PHP Version 5.2.12
Mysql Client API version 4.1.10a

My config file is correct. In fact if I run this app on my localhost using the same DB credentials, I am actually able to connect to my remote hosting database and insert and read data!

I'm stumped

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB