Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Knowledge Exam

[eluser]shanemesser[/eluser]
I have about 10 CI programmers at any given time working for me, and in order to get them I have to deal with weeding through 25 devs to find a good one. I nearly vommit when people tell me they have "5 years experience in CI" only to realize they have zero clue about more advanced CI things like hooks, core extending, and experience with advanced CI topics like modular extensions or Pyro/Fuel CMS. I'm not nearly as advanced as these guys, but I damn sure know the code we produce is at minimum intermediate, efficient, and very easily picked up by anyone in the CI community.

Would anyone be interested in helping come up with a VERY SIMPLE community based testing site where we can create a series of questions/tests which include beginner, intermediate and advanced level questions.

I'm not concerned with certification, and I know people can cheat on online exams, but good word it would save me so much initial time if I could just say "before you apply, please go here, register with your email, and take this 100 question test so I can know where you stand on things with CI."

I'm trying to make this more of a community concept because I don't even feel like getting blowback from the more advanced devs in the community saying "who the hell is this guy to be 'certifying' anyone in CI."

At the end of the day, I just need this, and I could care less who gets credit for it as long as it helps me weed through devs who have spent 5 years putting SQL, echo statements, and helper functions in their controllers and then calling themselves experts.

[eluser]satie[/eluser]
Interesting idea.

So I'd like a CI certification.
Symfony community launched a question about this issue. Why not?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB