Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Scaffolding Deprecated?

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
Scaffolding is listed in the changelog as "deprecated" in version 1.6

http://dev.ellislab.com/svn/CodeIgniter/...gelog.html

wow. that's big news.

[eluser]kenjis[/eluser]
[quote author="sophistry" date="1200988153"]Scaffolding is listed in the changelog as "deprecated" in version 1.6

http://dev.ellislab.com/svn/CodeIgniter/...gelog.html

wow. that's big news.[/quote]

But scaffolding code and user guide page still in there.
Is “deprecated” true?

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
One can only hope...

In all seriousness - I would love to see CI get rid of the dynamic scaffolding and include a script to generate the scaffolding files. This way you can get that administrative code very quickly while still being able to secure it.

And no - for those of you going to reply saying there are things that already do that - have you looked at the code those products generate? Atrocious.

[eluser]tonanbarbarian[/eluser]
yeah i agree that i do not like the code that is generally created by those scripts
i prefer to extend the controller and write libraries to do the scaffolding anyway
hope to release my code (probably a couple of months away) that I use for this as it is quite lean but feature rich

personally i have only ever tested the CI scaffolding once to see what it was like and it was ok but not really what i wanted so i have never used it, even in the early stages of a project to get things started

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
CodeExtinguisher doesn't generate any files..it's all done on the fly.

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
This *could* be an idea to see if someone have something community can use to help in the process of building general crud.

Maybe with community assistance and suggestion, our mass Dereck devoted team could think about a real solution.

maybe i'm wrong Smile

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Quote:CodeExtinguisher doesn’t generate any files..it’s all done on the fly.

Which is generally a bad thing. How am I to add custom functionality, my own security features, a new form field?

Scaffolding file generation is what we need.

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
Michael, wait for the new version to come out and watch the videos before you judge Smile
IMHO file generation is horrible, i (admittedly arrogantly) think my approach is much better..give me a week.

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
maybe tell us what you plan Smile

[eluser]Nick Husher[/eluser]
Wait, what's the downside to scaffolding? (I mean, other than it's totally insecure, which the user guide makes very clear)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB