Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 3

[eluser]Ali Fattahi[/eluser]
CodeIgniter is dead for ever...

[eluser]promo[/eluser]
[quote author="Ali Fattahi" date="1376321422"]CodeIgniter is dead for ever...[/quote]

I hope not...

[eluser]jonez[/eluser]
[quote author="Ali Fattahi" date="1376321422"]CodeIgniter is dead for ever...[/quote]
CI isn't dead until people stop developing with it, and I don't see that happening for a few years to come. CI3 has more changes then any other version to date, so if that's what you call dead...

[eluser]Ali Fattahi[/eluser]
[quote author="jonez" date="1376330357"][quote author="Ali Fattahi" date="1376321422"]CodeIgniter is dead for ever...[/quote]
CI isn't dead until people stop developing with it, and I don't see that happening for a few years to come. CI3 has more changes then any other version to date, so if that's what you call dead...[/quote]

I'm desperate to CI3...
it's late to release...

[eluser]Pert[/eluser]
http://cryode.github.io/CodeIgniter/inde...ral-topics

[eluser]Truong Chuong DUong[/eluser]
[quote author="promo" date="1376085529"]Hi

Where is the guide to update CI 2 to 3 ? I think that I saw it on Github but I can't found it...

Thanks.[/quote]

You can see it here: https://www.chuongduong.net/ci3/installa...ading.html
I just build it from Github source and will continue to update weekly or monthly.

[quote author="sv3tli0" date="1376112870"][quote author="ivantcholakov" date="1376095663"]
I disagree CI 3.0 to become CI 2.2. The major version should be incremented, because there is a new, strong "ucfirst" naming convention. There is also a new API-convention "Return NULL, (not FALSE anymore) if you have nothing to return". There are some new features within the database query builder (thank you, narfbg). There is an "official" native PHP-session driver.
[/quote]

There is no difference if its 3.0 or 2.2, but for Major version there should be Major changes..
And such Major changes can be for example using Namespaces, rebuilding Core, rewriting the how system or somehting as that..[/quote]

I also disagree with Ci 3.0 to become CI 2.2. All CI 2.X should compatible with each other but the CI 3.0 is too different. All source code you wrote with CI 2.0 will cannot run with CI 3.0. You have to change a lot of thing and many deprecated function still able to use in CI 2.0 will not exists in CI 3.0.

All of my project since begin of 2012 are using CI and didn't meet any problem yet. CI 3 still has some bugs but I think it is can acceptable for me Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB