Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI, Eclipse, SVN.... huh?

[eluser]IkeE65[/eluser]
Hi there,

maybe this is kinda dumb question, but i don't get it...

Me and my people, we are using Eclipse for developing our latest project. And we want to use SVN for version control. So I set up a SVN server and configured subclipse for ecplise and everything works fine.

But now...
We always want to use the latest version of CI from the CI's SVN server as codebase for our project. So theoretically I have to check out the latest version of CI into my Eclipse project using subclipse, code my controllers, views etc and commit everything to my own SVN server, what means having two SVNs for one project...
Or do I have to check out CI from the CI SVN into a seperate project and create some kind of patch-thing which I may apply to my own project?

I have no idea how to do so, but maybe I'm missing some important piece of information regarding the whole SVN-thing...

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advace

Ike

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
There are maybe some better ways, but I am personally download SVN files in a separate folder then make some manually copy / past of the folders I want to update in my applications.

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
Why having two SVN? I don't understand this one. Is CI part of your working copy?

[eluser]IkeE65[/eluser]
Yes CI is part of my working copy, mainly because of the config files etc...

[eluser]ekeretex[/eluser]
You can checkout the code from CI SVN, export into your working folder and add to your own SVN

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
OK, maybe I understand now. In your working copy, you have:
- CI checked out from the Ellis svn server
- your app checked out from your own svn server
Is it correct ?
I agree with ekeretex. What I personaly like is to commit CI updates in my own svn server too, to keep track of updates on both sides in the same kind of timeline.
There are many ways to do this (I didn't investigate much on this part, but there are some "vendor" sections in the svn book), the simplest to me is to have the same tree on the web directory and the svn repo.

[eluser]IkeE65[/eluser]
@ekeretex:
Ok this is clear to me, but how do I update CI from the CI-SVN then, without copy&pasting;everything?
Or isn't this possible at all?
Can I create some kind of "patch" in Eclipse? There are team features for this, but i didnt get it working...

[eluser]ekeretex[/eluser]
To do this I suppose you have to keep them apart.
What you can do is make the app folder seperate from the CI framework files (considering all your own code is in the app folder anyway and CI updates won't affect this folder).

This way, your working copy only holds the app folder. What do you think?

[eluser]IkeE65[/eluser]
Hm ok I see, I can change these settings in the index.php...
I'll give this a try, thank you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB