Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multilanguage by hook, and subdomain

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi.

I really could not find the appropriate way to link the subdomain and domain contents so I post a question.

What I am doing is to set up the multilanguage website, and put each language in front of the default domain name, such as spanish.example.com for spanish domain.

So I have used hook and cookies, and I succeeded in linking language button on the front page to the appropriate language files. However, the domain name is not changed and the new user always faces default language firstly.

Still I do not know how to change the full domain address when the user clicks the prefered language. (like from example.com to spanish.example.com)
And I hope a user can access to the website in prefered language by typing the subdomain address.

I am using cpanel on my domain. so if I create the subdomain, the new folder, "spanish" is created on the root folder.

Then how can I manipulate it in order to link each language to the each subdomain???

I really want to do this because I want to register my website on the each country's portal sites.

In the case of Alibaba, I can get into alibaba with spanish.alibaba.com in Spanish.
So, I may be able to register spanish.alibaba.com in spanish portalsite Smile
I hope to make such website.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB