Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Text bubble parser + database keywords

[eluser]Zero-10[/eluser]
Hi everyone, I'm having issues trying to make this happen and I suppose it's a lack of knowledge in AJAX (I'm just barely scratching the surface on it) and what I'd like to accomplish is for a script to scan a div id for words found in a database and format them accordingly and/or give them a bubble popup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
How I think it works:

I think there needs to be a javascript on the view page that at the end of the page load, it loads another php file with the database script and then compares it with what is written in the div (reference id) then overwrites the id with the new information.

Problems
Sadly I don't know how to make this happen. I'm at a loss, and I really have been searching far and wide across the internet just to find a script written in ANY language to help, but I can't seem to find this.

The second problem is even if it were able to replace the text, is there a way that it doesn't have to fetch all of the information at the same time or run a giant query of say 10,000 words in the database? I feel like it could be more efficient.

Thank you for your future input!

[eluser]Zero-10[/eluser]
2-days and 3 pages later, bump. I'm still at an impasse over this concept. Are there pre-built systems that any of you are familiar with? I just want to know how to build one lol

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB