Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problems with CSV file uploads not being allowed

[eluser]Nathan Pitman (Nine Four)[/eluser]
I've just migrated a small app I wrote from one environment to another and I've run into a weird issue with MIME types and the file upload class. I'm uploading a CSV file through a web form and where previously this worked on the new host using the same reference CSV file I get the error:

Code:
The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed.
[file_type] => text/x-lisp ) )

I've tried adding text/x-lisp to the application mimes.php CSV array but that makes no odds. I can't even seem to find a clean reference to this mime type online. This occurs both in FF and Chrome so I'm not convinced that it's a browser issue. This is a Smart Machine at Joyent that the app is running on.

Bump... :?

[eluser]Narf[/eluser]
It is indeed not a browser issue - the whole point is to not depend on what the browser sends in order to avoid exploits. It is not a bug either and there are numerous topics here on the forums explaining that. Here's my latest one, short: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewreply/1040236/

I too find it hard to believe that text/x-lisp is returned for a CSV file though, but if the server says so - there's not much you can do about it.

Thanks for the suggestion RE outputting the mime type for the file directly via PHP, doing so highlighted that the 'file type allowed' error I was receiving wasn't realted to the CSV at all but actually to an HTML file being uploaded at the same time (slaps head!). In any case I've now removed 'text/x-lisp' from mimes.php for CSV and added it for html and htm. Problem solved! Smile

Thank you!!!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB