Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[SOLVED] set_flashdata in Model?

[eluser]David Rothera[/eluser]
I have a model that does a query and then set's one of three possible flashdata messages regarding the outcome of the query.

The problem I am having is that it is not keeping the flashdata outside of the Model, I am using a redirect() so I know that there is definitely a new server request and the variable is not being used and therefore not destroyed.

Any suggestions?

[eluser]Craig A Rodway[/eluser]
Have you tried a few echo var_export($_SESSION, TRUE); lines at several places within your code to see if the data is being set?

Also could you post the code in your model that you're using?

Just before you replied I was going to edit the initial post, I have put an 'or die()' on the end of the set_flashdata and it seems that it cant actually execute set_flashdata for some reason.

If I change it from flashdata to userdata it still can't do it, for some reason I cant set session data of any kind from within the model. Sad

EDIT: The code from the model, by messing with different debugging I have found that if I set the flash/userdata inside the model and then echo it out in the model as well it is fine however you cannot access any session data from outside the model.

EDIT2: I have solved it, I replaced the redirect with a plain anchor and it works now.
Code:
function addUser($data)
    {
        $query = $this->db->query("SELECT `id` FROM (`users`) WHERE `email_address` = '$data[email_address]'");
        if ($query->num_rows > 0) {
            $this->session->set_flashdata('message', 'Error: The email address is already active in the system!');
            return 0;
        }

if ($this->db->insert('users', $data)) {
            $this->session->set_flashdata('message', 'Notice: User added successfully.') or die('waa waa2');
            return 1;
        } else {
            $this->session->set_flashdata('message', 'Error: There was an error adding the user, please try again.') or die('waa waa3');
            return 0;
        }
    }

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB