Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Stikked.com :: Open-Source CI Pastebin

[eluser]benofsky[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Allard" date="1201138977"]Cody and Ben. Nicely done. There's been such a demand for apps with source code. Let us know when you get it posted and I'll sticky this thread for a while. I think it could be helpful to see a full application with code.[/quote]

yeh some of the code needs cleaning up, but I think it provides a good example of how to structure an app in CI, we'll be adding in more complex things in the future, possibly an optional login which would also be nice to have an example for.

--ben

[quote author="xwero" date="1201143330"][quote author="Michael Wales" date="1201132678"]Haven't had a chance to review the code myself (at work) - what syntax highlighting library are you using?[/quote]
the usual suspect : geshi[/quote]

of course... it's easy Smile

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
stikked.com is down?

After browsing through the code, and using the application i have a few observations

- Why is every page in a separate controller
- Why use the full version of jquery not minified
- The view raw click hasn't a hide raw functionality
- There is nothing required before the paste request get send
- Because you can send nothing there are empty pastes

[quote author="xwero" date="1201202719"]stikked.com is down?

After browsing through the code, and using the application i have a few observations

- Why use the full version of jquery not minified
- The view raw click hasn't a hide raw functionality
- There is nothing required before the paste request get send
- Because you can send nothing there are empty pastes[/quote]

I am aware there is a lot of cleaning up to-do.

1. Doesn't make a huge difference, either way, <b>update</b> better for an example
2. Will be fixed in next version.
3. I found some people, non tech-savey, even though it's aimed at developers I know some non-developers that use pastebins and they were double clicking meaning it would never show up.
4. Will be fixed in the next version

And I don't know why stikked.com is down, will get on it asap. Keep an eye on code.google.com/p/stikked for 0.0.3

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
[quote author="benofsky" date="1201214975"][quote author="xwero" date="1201202719"]
- The view raw click hasn't a hide raw functionality[/quote]
3. I found some people, non tech-savey, even though it's aimed at developers I know some non-developers that use pastebins and they were double clicking meaning it would never show up.
[/quote]
You could show the hide raw link on a different place for example before the view raw link and hide the view raw link using visibility: hidden in the css.

For non javascript comaptibility you could add a real link.
http://stikked.com/view/bcec350f for the page without the raw view
http://stikked.com/view/bcec350f/raw for the page with the raw view

In the jquery click event you just add return false.

[quote author="xwero" date="1201267805"][quote author="benofsky" date="1201214975"][quote author="xwero" date="1201202719"]
- The view raw click hasn't a hide raw functionality[/quote]
[/quote]
You could show the hide raw link on a different place for example before the view raw link and hide the view raw link using visibility: hidden in the css.

For non javascript comaptibility you could add a real link.
http://stikked.com/view/bcec350f for the page without the raw view
http://stikked.com/view/bcec350f/raw for the page with the raw view

In the jquery click event you just add return false.[/quote]

It is 100% compatible with javascript disabled, as it is hidden by javascript. I will add a second link.

--ben

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I was too focused on the url i didn't thought of it.

I have a suggestion to style the pages with javascript disabled.

Because the view raw link is not working it should be set to display:none by default or if you want to use this application in text-mode browsers to the link(s) should be generated by javascript.

There is also not a clear difference between the raw and the highlighted view, especially for text so i would suggest you add titles before the views.

All bugs mentioned here I think I've fixed, the gripes with the view raw I'm still working out.

There's also now an iphone version, stikked.com/iphone. And of course all the code is availible at code.google.com/p/stikked.

Thanks,
ben

[quote author="xwero" date="1201202719"]stikked.com is down?
[/quote]

I have fixed this in the latest version.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB