Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Session class doesn't destroy session when the browser closes?

[eluser]dtrenz[/eluser]
I just noticed that sess_expire_on_close is not implemented in the version of the Session library that I have. I am using CodeIgniter 2.0, so why is it missing? Do I need a more current version of CI 2.0?

[eluser]dtrenz[/eluser]
Ugh. That was it. I grabbed the newest version of Session.php and now it works. I can't wait until we have a real 2.0 release.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
2.0 is work in progress, so if you use that, make sure you update regularly (and check if an update doesn't break anything). I'm pretty sure it was introduced in a very early 2.0.

[eluser]Chillahan[/eluser]
I have a question related to this, so it seemed like the right place to ask - is there a way to manipulate the session expiry on a per-user basis, so that I can use this ability to persist the session beyond browser close as a "remember me" feature (instead of using a separate cookie)?

It seems like an automatic negative, since the session already exists before a user logs in, right? It would need to be hacked to force a new session cookie to be set upon logging in. Probably easier to just add similar db-stored security keys to a "remember me" cookie to make it more secure, I think, than trying to use this.

[eluser]redcloud80[/eluser]
Same problem here! I'm using CI 2.1
Any suggestion on how to solve?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB