Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter and Real Time Applications

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I made a search about codeigniter and websockets but couldn't find any proper websocket library for it. (Just some outdated edits). Also there are some techniques like polling, long polling for real time web applications, however, due to some physical limitations (bandwidth, memory consumption etc.), they are not good options. Also they have some latency. And i want to know is there any efficient way to build realtime web applications like notification system with CI? (I.e. with websockets?)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Disclaimer: I work for Realtime.co.

You can try using Realtime (www.realtime.co). It provides you websocket support with transparent fallback to whatever the user browser supports (you don't have to worry about it yourself).

It works on the cloud so you don't need to worry about installing anything on your machine or your servers, it's plugin-free (users also don't have to install anything).

There's a free tier, meaning that you can register at Realtime.co, get your key on your email and start coding without having to pay anything.

Also, it provides APIs for a plethora of platforms such as .Net, PHP, Java, Android, iOS, Node.js, ActionScript, Windows Phone, etc., etc..

The latency is usually bellow 150ms and all communication goes through the Realtime.co cloud, meaning that your server bandwidth and resources are not impacted.

Hope I helped.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB