Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sessions being lost, multiple stored, losing just one variable; Nightmare

[eluser]greg.thompson[/eluser]
Hi guys I've had numerous issues with CI sessions in the past and it's really frustrating. Let me explain what I'm doing to help you get the context.

I'm basically walking through a 3 step form. in step one you select one option or another and proceed on. What's happening is the one option works and the other doesn't and it all comes down to REALLY strange issues happening with cookies. It works fine on Safari etc. I've tried everything but it seems like not only am I loosing some data but it's storing multiple sessions in the db and it's reverting back to old sessions... so If i go through one path go back and start over if it any point I hit back it gives me the old session and data. REALLY WEIRD...

here's my config settings...

Code:
*/
$config['sess_cookie_name']  = 'cisession';
$config['sess_expiration']  = 72000;
$config['sess_expire_on_close'] = FALSE;
$config['sess_encrypt_cookie'] = FALSE;
$config['sess_use_database'] = TRUE;
$config['sess_table_name']  = 'ci_sessions';
$config['sess_match_ip']  = FALSE;
$config['sess_match_useragent'] = TRUE;
$config['sess_time_to_update'] = 300;

/*
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Cookie Related Variables
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|
| 'cookie_prefix' = Set a prefix if you need to avoid collisions
| 'cookie_domain' = Set to .your-domain.com for site-wide cookies
| 'cookie_path'   =  Typically will be a forward slash
| 'cookie_secure' =  Cookies will only be set if a secure HTTPS connection exists.
|
*/
$config['cookie_prefix'] = "";
$config['cookie_domain'] = "";
$config['cookie_path']  = "/";
$config['cookie_secure'] = FALSE;

I also notice that in step one I set a userdata variable 'mobile_type'. step two loads a form based on that. The form submits to itself and magically that same userdata variable is lost. It's somehow getting unset. NO IDEA HOW! I'm at a lost as to what the hell could cause all of my issues with sessions.

It's definitely specific to chrome and I've tested it on other computers with chrome and it works. Really damn strange.

Here's an update... If I remove the .htaccess info that removes the index.php all the sessions work fine. also If I leave the htaccess changes in there, when it didnt work before, if I echo out the session variables at the top, it works fine. really strange. print_r on the session makes it work, without it, it doesnt...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB