Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Site works fine locally but fails on GoDaddy

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi

I have developed two sites with codeigniter so far, one using 1.7 and the second using 2.0 both hosted on GoDaddy. So far it's been a blast but yesterday the 2.0 site's owner called me to let me know that they were unable to get past the login window of the site (using Ion Auth) using the correct credentials.

This is weird so after playing around with the controller for a bit I realized that the POST array was coming up empty after pressing the submit button. I then used Firefox web console to check the site and realized that even though the page was coming up, the status code was "HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found". This same status code is happening on a few other pages (which based on sight alone are fine) as well but none of those pages are posting any data, but doing a GET instead.

I have the duplicate of the site on my laptop using phpminiserver and it has no issues and this furthur adds to me confusion.

I am not exactly a newbie but I am no expert either so any offered solutions\critiques etc which will help in figuring out wth is going on will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Sean

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB