Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DB2 Driver & Prepared Statements

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'm currently developing a new db2 driver that allows CI to access both local and remote DB2 databases after installing the PECL ibm_db2 extension. My question is this. Is there currently any demand for this, and is it something someone would like to see on the wiki?

And finally, is there any support in CI for prepared statements? I know that they are supported through the mysqli interface in native php, but I wonder if anyone has taken any look at doing them in CI. I've looked over the code, and I'm not seeing that they've been taken into consideration. Does anyone know if this is something that is planned for a future update, as a configurable option?

Thanks.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Alright, I've posted my DB2 driver to the Wiki so anyone that wants to download and use it can. It does require the IBM developed PECL extension to work, so make sure you have that installed. As for the prepared statement issue, I haven't done anything with that, but I'm still looking into it and hoping that CI will support it at sometime in the future.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi.. I was new using DB2 (as I was new using CI also) and need help to conect this Database and use it with CI. There is any tutorial or help about in somewhere that I can take a look?

Regards
Gabardo.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
answer for the prepared statments question

Could you do a 1.6 update of the drivers? The *_forge.php file is added.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB