Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter shows Internal Server Error

[eluser]orabines[/eluser]
Hello everyone ... My name is Oscar Joseph and I am new using codeigniter. this is my problem.

I was given a website to make some changes and I was told that I need to check codeigniter because this website is built in it so I was checking and it seems to be a very powerful tool for developers. However, I downloaded the whole folder containing the website but when I placed it on my localhost server and I browse it, it shows the following error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
*Im using appserv installed as localhost:8080
*I have tried other codeigniter pages and they work
*My website folder is called DIGNITY and it has in it a folder called SYSTEM and inside system is APPLICATION where the folder VIEWS is and there is my INDEX.PHP
*I have the database in MySQL, everything as it is on the web server.

The folder structure is as follow:
C:\AppServ\www\dignity\system\application\views\index.php

From my localhost I call it as follow:
http://localhost:8080/dignity/

My config.php file looks like this:
$config['base_url'] = "http://localhost:8080/dignity";

I would like to know what is the problem with this website. why it does not let me see the content and only shows me the error. Do i need to change something? why do other websites work?

I would appreciate any help to solve this problem. I have been looking around on the web but I have not found a solution for this problem.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

(sorry about my english, still learning)

Regards.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB