Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to create dynamically controllers function name in codeigniter

[eluser]beeLoop[/eluser]
[quote author="PhilTem" date="1350320024"]If you want to understand the usage of a bootstrap-controller, you should really consider starting to read through index.php and all files that are included in index.php and basically follow the business logic/flow of CI to see what a bootstrap controller can do and how you can use it best Wink[/quote]

Seems i have to edit CI's root folder for initiating bootstrap controller. IS there any other way to create controllers dynamically.
I am running out of time.

I need to load some view based on user's name(as per my project requirement) appended exactly after the base_url(). So in CI terms, the user's name will be the name of controllers (its index function) which will be called.

All users are in database. So How i will route them to a controller name which will be called, when the user's name match with controller's name?
So i need to create a dynamic controller, whose name will match with user's and load accordingly.

How to achieve this in codeigniter??

[eluser]alexwenzel[/eluser]
[quote author="beeLoop" date="1350366561"][quote author="PhilTem" date="1350320024"]If you want to understand the usage of a bootstrap-controller, you should really consider starting to read through index.php and all files that are included in index.php and basically follow the business logic/flow of CI to see what a bootstrap controller can do and how you can use it best Wink[/quote]

Seems i have to edit CI's root folder for initiating bootstrap controller. IS there any other way to create controllers dynamically.
I am running out of time.

I need to load some view based on user's name(as per my project requirement) appended exactly after the base_url(). So in CI terms, the user's name will be the name of controllers (its index function) which will be called.

All users are in database. So How i will route them to a controller name which will be called, when the user's name match with controller's name?
So i need to create a dynamic controller, whose name will match with user's and load accordingly.

How to achieve this in codeigniter??

[/quote]

Except the methods we discussed above, there is no clean solution to solve your problem.

- routing in general
- routing to one controller method
- using hooks

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Ahem...

[quote author="Aken" date="1350081544"]Use the 404 override controller method.[/quote]

[eluser]alexwenzel[/eluser]
[quote author="Aken" date="1350371478"]Ahem...

[quote author="Aken" date="1350081544"]Use the 404 override controller method.[/quote][/quote]

ah, right. almost forgot your suggestion. this is probably the best way to go!

[eluser]beeLoop[/eluser]
[quote author="Aken" date="1350371478"]Ahem...

[quote author="Aken" date="1350081544"]Use the 404 override controller method.[/quote][/quote]

Hey i didn't get how to achieve my requirement using 404 override controller method.
Put some more light how to achieve it using 404 override controller method.
Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB