Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Custom helper: in system or application folder?

[eluser]mvdg27[/eluser]
Hi,

I couldn't find this in the documentation. Maybe I overlooked something, but I was wondering what is the desired location for a custom helper file:

/system/helpers

or

/system/application/helpers (to be created)

Thanks!

[eluser]Craig A Rodway[/eluser]
[quote author="User Guide"]Helpers are typically stored in your system/helpers directory. Alternately you can create a folder called helpers inside your application folder and store them there. CodeIgniter will look first in your system/application/helpers directory. If the directory does not exist or the specified helper is not located there CI will instead look in your global system/helpers folder.[/quote]

/application/helpers Smile

[eluser]mvdg27[/eluser]
Sorry, totally overlooked that .. :red:

Thanks for your fast reply!

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
in the 1.6 version they added the helpers and the language directory to prevent questions like this one. Not a big change but great for people who are new to the framework.

[eluser]mvdg27[/eluser]
Ok. Indeed that might be less confusing for newbies (like me Smile).

This brings me to another question: what if I want to change the locations of one folder. Is that possible. I'm thinking on placing the views folder outside the system folder. This way my designer can easily access the template files, without having to go through all the files I actually rather not have him to go through.

Cheers. Michiel

[eluser]David Rothera[/eluser]
[quote author="mvdg27" date="1201289645"]Ok. Indeed that might be less confusing for newbies (like me Smile).

This brings me to another question: what if I want to change the locations of one folder. Is that possible. I'm thinking on placing the views folder outside the system folder. This way my designer can easily access the template files, without having to go through all the files I actually rather not have him to go through.

Cheers. Michiel[/quote]

I would just create a symlink from the views folder to somewhere else and have the designer work on the views from the symlink.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB