Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
TinyMce integration with codeigniter

[eluser]Terence Bruwer[/eluser]
Hi all.
I realise that this topic has been covered numerous times. But I am truly stuck on this one.
I have tried ckeditor, openwysiwyg and tinymce text editors.
They all save to my mysql database with the html tags intact ie:

Code:
<p>another post</p>

when i go retrieve my data and display it in the texteditor for editing it is showing the html tags.

I have read through numerous posts and tried everything I have come across.
I realise I must be missing something obvious within my codeigniter coding, as it is doing this with all the editors that I tried.
So the problem is not editor specific.

a quick update. using standard php files. i would prep my database field value as follows:
Code:
mysql_real_escape_string(htmlentities($_POST["details"]));
then insert it into the database

to retrieve and display it was just doing:
Code:
&lt;textarea rows="15" cols="60" name="details" id="details" class="required"&gt;&lt;?php echo $details;?&gt;&lt;/textarea&gt;

Please any help would be appreciated on this one

[eluser]noslen1[/eluser]
You should not use the htmlentities() function, as it converts all html characters.
Just
Code:
mysql_real_escape_string($_POST["details"]);

I am not currently using htmlentities in my codeigniter controller.
And will confess to getting very confused with all the encode, decodes etc.
I came across this thread which is exactly what is happening to me
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/141495/

in short the following seems to be happening I think.
Active Record, AR escapes converts html tags to text for security.

thank you very much for the reply

I have managed to get this resolved using ckeditor, It is a problem with the form helper class. I will post a fix later this afternoon once I have tested it thoroughly

[eluser]mx_code_monkey[/eluser]
have you thought about using php's serialize() and unseralize() functions? I think it would be very useful for saving potentially code-embedded string data in a database. base64encode and base64decode could also work, although it increases the data size, it would be a preventive precaution if any of the data is MIME encoded as an image.

[eluser]mx_code_monkey[/eluser]
I also suspect that customized disaply of specific tags would be done using preg_match and preg_replace regular expressions after rich text objects are submitted and before they are displayed if you want certain tags to remain but others not to..

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB