Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Update CI from 1.7.1 to 2.1

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
Hi everyone,

I have not been working on my web site for a while and I'm still using version 1.7.1 and I see there is a newer version ... 2.1.

Is there a link where it could help me update to the latest version?

I see the file structure is different in 2.1 and going file by file will take a while.

Thanks

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
Follow each step going from 1.7.1 to current (2.1.3)
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...ading.html

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
Thank you CroNiX for your fast response

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have the same issue.
I have seen all steps and those are quite descriptive except one. I have got system that is built using CI 1.7.1. I need to upgrade it to 2.1.3 because 1.7.1. is not supported by PHP 5.3 and I think it would be the best to update it to a newest version.

Now I have all files in system folder and when I downloaded CI 2.1.3 I have noticed that now some files are in the application folder, and some in system. Now I am not quite sure which goes where.
Also there is folder core that contains some files that have been in folder helpers.

Could anyone please help me with this? It would be enough if you tell me how to divide data to those two folders. An I was wondering is there a link from which I can download 1.7.1 version. Because this system have been developed by other person. I only need to upgrade it, and the original developer is not available to help me.

This is my fires experience with CI Smile

Thanks!
Ante.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB