Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Audience Dependent Site

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'm pretty new to CI and have been building some small projects with it for the past month or so. I'm really enjoying it!

I'd like to use it for an app that I need to build but I'm unsure of how to handle something. The site will be comprised of a set of application pages various contests, an admin page, and a page for people to review applicants.

However, there are various organizations hosting these contests and users will need to choose between them when they arrive on the landing page of the site. For instance, they may see "Bob's Writing Contest", "Fantasy/Sci-Fi Writing Organization", "Nevermore Writing Organization". Upon clicking on one of these, they'll be taken to a dashboard-page to apply to the various contests applicable to that organization.

I think I can accomplish most of this—my question is what is the best way to customize my application/admin sections based on what Organization the user selects? Should I use a URL segment? Have a specific controller for each organization?

I really appreciate any tips you can give!

[eluser]solid9[/eluser]
Yeah, I think you must have specific controller for each organizations.

[eluser]regal2157[/eluser]
Depends how much you'll need to update in the future. If you're looking for expandability, then a single controller would be best. I don't see why you can't manage with one controller. Is there a reason you would need separate ones?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB