Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Remove some libraries or helpers, problems?

[eluser]Steeep[/eluser]
Hi, I am developing a small project, small in every way, weight, code, files, etc..

But my question arises that if I delete some libraries or helpers unused, this could cause problems or incompatibilities?

For example erase some drivers to manage the databases or delete the library calendar or FTP, I can do it without problems? or this dependent upon one another?

Thanks in advance.

PS: English is not for me :p

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
I wouldn't delete any files from the database driver but technically speaking you can delete libraries and helpers that you won't ever need/use. It should not cause major conflicts.
However, some libraries like the Encryption library shouldn't be deleted since you will need this if you're using sessions.
In any other case, just go with a trial-and-error approach to find out which libraries/helpers can be deleted without problems Wink
Though I don't really get why you want to delete files from the system's folder. It's not such a big impact on your system to store 1.3MB Wink

[eluser]Steeep[/eluser]
Thank you, I also thought not delete everything, otherwise things will not use in my project.
And I want to be as light as possible because it is a CMS or something to distribute or download liberated leave.

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
I can understand your concerns but did you have a look at other CMS' download size? They're usually several MBs. Most of which comes from JS, CSS or img-files. The actual code can be kept to small sizes e.g. by removing comments and removing white lines. Sure these fixes don't really impact on having 20 files but if you're having 500+ files each with an overhead (due to comments or whitelines) of 5kB it just sums up.

What you should think about when releasing downloads or your CMS: Do you really need all your image files? Or can you create a sprite? Do you need every size from 64x64 to 12x12 or just some of these sizes?
BTW: Did you look at the CI download? Half the size is the user's guide, 1.3MB the actual Codeigniter core and 500kB the application folder. The biggest contributor to that size is - I guess - the index.html (directory access forbidden files) in every folder of ./application Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB