Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Run CodeIgniter In Apache CentOS server

[eluser]rochellecanale[/eluser]
hello guys just wanna ask how can i run my codeigniter project in CentOS server? Im using a linux OS. I putted all my codeigniter code(folder) in var/www/html directory but when i try to access it it displays nothing. I try accessing my code using this URL http://122.52.126.238/eMLM. I also configured the config.php replacing the baseurl with the new url. $config[‘base_url’]= ‘http://122.52.126.238/eMLM/’;
Please help me guys what should i do? One thing, when i try to create a simple html and php file it shows in the browser. But why my CI code wont run? What should i need to configure? Please help me. Im running out of time.

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
What happens when you run a simple php script:

Code:
<?php

phpinfo();

I've got a CentOs server and I don't think it had php installed by default.

I have a PHP in CentOS. When i try to create a simple php file. It shows and I also extract another CI framework and it displays the welcome page. I think there's a problem with my base URL. I just dont know where.

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
Are you using virtual hosts? If you are sure you have Apache set up right to treat your application as a website, or if you are just trying to run the application in a sub directory, it makes a difference.

My client gave me a server ip address and some authentication. And i access it via putty and winscp application. Im using a windows OS but my client's server is in linux. Just want to ask is what's the difference between Apache and CentOS? Is there an Apache installed in CentOS by default? What should i need to configure in Apache? And where could i find it? What folder and filename exactly.

[eluser]xeroblast[/eluser]
i think i know your problem.. the common problems encountered by a windows user.. you should try to install a linux virtual client in your computer (like virtual box) and run it from there. the common problems lies under your application folder (controllers, models and others you are using). you should check your code cause linux server are different form windows server. eg. $var != $Var, in windows, they are the same but in linux is not..

experience it from my friends who were using windows in application-making with codeigniter..

Hmmm.. Thanks at least ive got an idea. I appreciate your suggestions. So there's no way to run my code in linux OS? But when i run the ci folder (default ci framework folder) it runs.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB