Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I am sick of bad CodeIgniter's URL errors handling. I am going to Laravel

[eluser]term25[/eluser]
Then tell the B side too, not just the A.

And the B side is that Laravel has more advantages than disadvantages when compared with CI.

It is better choice for somebody who just want to start and want to develop elegant code.

CI is the past, Laravel is the future. I don't want to live in the past, do you?

Btw. on the PTX issue: FORWARD! Wink

[quote author="treeface" date="1352348532"]I've coded in both CI and Laravel. term25 is an idiot. Please don't come to the Laravel forums.[/quote]

[eluser]boltsabre[/eluser]
Yawn.... and hit the 'Ignore' option...
Out of here, what a waste of 15 minutes of my time reading this post. Amusing, but very unproductive.

Please stop replying people, this post is useless and by replying you're just keeping trash up the top of the list. TIA.

[eluser]term25[/eluser]
Any constructive advice is highly appreciated in advance.

[quote author="boltsabre" date="1352370870"]Yawn.... and hit the 'Ignore' option...
Out of here, what a waste of 15 minutes of my time reading this post. Amusing, but very unproductive.

Please stop replying people, this post is useless and by replying you're just keeping trash up the top of the list. TIA.[/quote]

[eluser]term25[/eluser]
e.g. compare just getting URI segments:

CI way:
$segment = $this->uri->segment(2, 0);

Laravel (the more elegant way than CI):
$segment = URI:Confusedegment(2, 0);

Do you see any difference, because I do.

"Laravel is a PHP framework committed to elegance and simplicity."
- Taylor Otwell

More about Laravel here: http://laravel.com/about

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
Code:
$segment = $URI->segment(2, 0); // CI way

What's that buzz about? There is really no major difference. Maybe just some more characters to type, but that shouldn't be a killer...

EOT for me!

[eluser]Kevin Smith[/eluser]
Alright @term25, you're just picking fights now. CodeIgniter and Laravel both have their merits, their own perspectives on how things should be done, and their own communities working to make the frameworks better. If you want to use Laravel instead, by all means, please do. If you want to use CodeIgniter for a project, you're welcome to it. You're welcome to be part of things on this forum, too, but please be civil.

This thread simply isn't constructive. You're just ranting, and it's not doing anything to make either framework better. I've had multiple requests to close this thread to put an end to it, and I'm happy to oblige.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB