Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI 2.1.2 - Unable to upload XML...

[eluser]mrh[/eluser]
Hello all,

I'm on 2.1.2 and started to implement a file upload of an XML file type. This type is in the mimes file. The error received is always:

The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed.

even though I have set it as the allowed file type:

Code:
$config['upload_path'] = './uploads/';
$config['allowed_types'] = 'xml';
$config['max_size'] = '100';
$config['encrypt_name'] = TRUE;
$this->load->library( 'upload', $config );

In searching the forums here I see some older posts mentioning a bug in CI but it seems like 2.1.2 should have this corrected. If I set the file types to * then of course the upload works.

Is this still a problem or is there some other issue going on?

[eluser]Narf[/eluser]
The most recent ones of the mentioned topics would probably have comments saying that MIME-type detection depends on the server environment and it is not 100% guaranteed to be correct - that's just not possible to achieve. What you can do is to check what each of these methods say the type is and add it to config/mimes.php:

Code:
//Method 1:
$finfo = finfo_open(FINFO_MIME);
var_dump(finfo_file($finfo, '/path/to/your/file.xml');
finfo_close($finfo);

// Method 2:
file --mime /path/to/your/file.xml // (run in shell command line, on your host)

// Method 3:
var_dump(mime_content_type('/path/to/your/file.xml'));

[eluser]A_funs[/eluser]
Both those php functions are not supported on my host, and I do not have shell access,

I put the ogg file on the server and viewed it with my browser, shouldn't the http headers have the mime type assigned by the server?

[eluser]Narf[/eluser]
You could then probably try to execute the file binary via PHP's exec(), shell_exec(), popen() - that's what CI does.
Otherwise yes, headers sent by the server should reflect what the type is according to the host.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB