Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
linking to CSS and JS files

[eluser]imdevin567[/eluser]
This is quite an elementary concept, but I'm new to CodeIgniter (and MVC in general) and I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I am using the templates library to create a skeleton template for the rest of my pages. I am having no problem loading the template from the controller, but my javascript and CSS files in my template are just not linking to the right place. I have tried placing the files in the view folder, outside of the application folder...and elsewhere. Firebug is telling me that the files cannot be found.

I did use mod_rewrite to make clean URLS--not sure if this makes a difference in linking to internal files...here is what I have.

Code:
<$cript src="&lt;?php echo base_url(); ?&gt;templates/responsive/plugins/vegas/jquery.vegas.js" type="text/javascript"></$cript>

Any reason why this file is not found?

[eluser]xeroblast[/eluser]
try:
Code:
<$cript src="&lt;?php echo base_url( 'templates/responsive/plugins/vegas/jquery.vegas.js' ); ?&gt;" type="text/javascript"></$cript>

Still pulling up a 404 for the script file. The URL is showing up properly, but the file is not being found...

This is happening when I try to include any sort of file--so the issue is in my URLs or file structure. Right now I have my base_url() pointing to localhost/web. Here is my file structure thus far:

localhost
-web
--application
--system
--templates
--index.php

Any reason this is happening?

[eluser]xeroblast[/eluser]
file and folder permissions?

Just tested a separate folder on localhost without CI and there were no issues linking. So it's not a file permissions issue.

It's an htaccess issue. Since I used mod_rewrite I needed to add the templates folder in my RewriteRule. Solved with
Code:
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|robots\.txt|templates)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB