Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to capture/take desktop screenshot in php or codeigniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi!

I want to capture screenshot of my desktop in every 10 minutes and upload it into server every time new screenshot is captured. Unfortunately, I failed to capture screenshot of my desktop using php script.

Is there any way to capture/take desktop screenshot in php or codeigniter.

Please let me know urgently.

Thanks

[eluser]LuckyFella73[/eluser]
I don't think that is possible to do via PHP. It would
be a "nice" security issue if that's possible.

[eluser]adamck[/eluser]
You would have to use some other software (possibly C#) to take the snapshots and upload them for you to do this.
If you could take snapshots of peoples desktops via PHP... every hacker/spammer in the world would be snooping on people as soon as they visited their website...
You might be able to write an IE / FireFox plugin to work with your script.... could work... but the user would have to install the plugin for it to work etc...

I doubt you will get this working though, its a HUGE security issue if the user isnt aware the screenshots are happening etc...

[eluser]Narf[/eluser]
PHP is a server-side language and you're looking for a client-side solution - can't happen.

AFAIK, it is only possible to do with Flash.

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
There might be some system command that you can execute every 10 minutes using a CronJob and then store the image in a temporary file before uploading it (but these screenshots will anyhow be taken from the screen of your server, not of the client's computer). That's the only way I can think of achieving something you want. Even though you technically cannot take screenshots out of a server-side programming language.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB