Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Software Recommendation

[eluser]jleequeen[/eluser]
Hello All,

I'm lucky enough recently to have been given a pot of money to spend on any new software that I need for web development. Right now, my environment is Windows (WAMP) and I'm using an old copy of Dreamweaver MX (4 years old), Paintshop Pro X, and Navicat (this i recently was able to upgrade). I thought it might be fun to ask everyone, what there wish list would be if they had a bucket of money to buy/upgrade all of there software.

I'd especially love to hear anyones recommendations when it comes to coding with CodeIgniter!

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
Use the money to buy a mac....

Just kidding (sort of).

Navicat would be on my list. Other than that, i would have fireworks 8 and i would have either notepad++ or dreamweaver 8 depending on your skills.

Aint nuttin else you need.

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
Dreamweaver CS3 is a good bet for PHP and CI coding. as it includes some PHP functions into the design view, for example if you use the function include('page3') it will show you the page and how it looks in the including file. If you get what I mean.

Also you have available spry for Ajax and access to thousands of add-ons to speed up coding.

Wamp is also a Good Choice for Testing as it is the inclusive of PHP, Apache and MySQL. This saves you having to install and configure the three separately.

Smile Hope this information helps you. Smile

Remember when testing code, check it on multiple browsers!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB