Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
"Extending" Helpers

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
In 1.6 (and now available in the SVN) it will be possible to "extend" Helpers by including a MY_helper_name.php file in your application/helpers folder. You can define new functions to be available when the Helper is loaded, or override an existing function. This ability has been requested numerous times, so we hope you enjoy it!

[eluser]Zarate[/eluser]
I'm quite new to CodeIgniter and didn't know this wasn't possible. It looks like a really nice feature, thanks for your work : )

[eluser]John Fuller[/eluser]
Quote:In 1.6 (and now available in the SVN) it will be possible to “extend” Helpers by including a MY_helper_name.php.

I tried "extend" My_manhood.php and it didn't work. I guess I need more helpers?

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
[quote author="John Fuller" date="1201585044"]I tried "extend" My_manhood.php and it didn't work. I guess I need more helpers?[/quote]

<accent type="newJersey">Oooooh!</accent>

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
Hey, I was just wondering about this. Cool, thanks!

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Quote:I tried "extend" My_manhood.php and it didn't work. I guess I need more helpers?

You autoloading $me->get->beer(5)? That might be the problem, there's a known conflict.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
John, try loading a sexy_model.php, it may help. Tongue

[eluser]ejangi[/eluser]
Badoom ching! You're all play and no work at EllisLab aren't you Derek and Derek??? Tongue

Hey, any chance you might be able to make the database stuff extendable? And hooks on the fly... Really would love that. ;-)

Also, I've been meaning to say for a while that someone should really take a second look at the XML-RPC code cause it's SLOW. All the classes appear to extend the base XML-RPC class which means it fills up memory really fast. In fact I did a test the other day - grabbing 50 records (structs) from a DB and it took 50MB, which ain't too cool when you're trying to build a mildly usable API.

</rant>

1.6 is looking great btw - loving the hard work you boys are putting in!

[eluser]myerman[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1201588295"]John, try loading a sexy_model.php, it may help. Tongue[/quote]

just make sure that the
public $orientation;

is set the same as yours!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB