Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is this possible to achieve using CI?

[eluser]Ghetolobster[/eluser]
Hey All,

I am looking to develop an admin panel and and interested building it using a MVC, so I decided to look at how hard/easy it would be to build all the features of this template (even just implement this whole template) using CI or would it be more beneficial to built it using custom code?

http://envato.stammtec.de/themeforest/ma...board.html

All views and opinions would be very welcome
Regards,
Johan

[eluser]Otemu[/eluser]
Yes this is very much possible to achieve using Ci, I doubt be more beneficial using custom code as Ci has a lot of ground work in place.

If you are going to take on such a task then the links below should help you speed things up:

Codeigniter user guide
Modular Extensions - HMVC
js tree
jquery validation
CodeIgniter from Scratch: Day 8 – AJAX
TinyMCE - Javascript WYSIWYG Editor
Google graphs

Hard to put a time frame on how long this take, it come down to your knowledge, experience and how much od a fast learner you are.

Good luck

[eluser]Ghetolobster[/eluser]
[quote author="Otemu" date="1354535248"]Yes this is very much possible to achieve using Ci, I doubt be more beneficial using custom code as Ci has a lot of ground work in place.

If you are going to take on such a task then the links below should help you speed things up:

Hard to put a time frame on how long this take, it come down to your knowledge, experience and how much od a fast learner you are.

Good luck[/quote]

Otemu,

Thank you for the GREAT reply, very helpful and truly appreciated!

So now that we established that this is possible, how would I approach "installing" the template in question onto the framework and for further manipulation ?

[eluser]Otemu[/eluser]
In terms of installing the template with Codeigniter, since it is built using HTML5 , CSS3 and JavaScript. It hard to say without seeing the files myself, however a basic principle would be something like this:

View files - Basic markup HTML
Modules - Use HMVC(link above) to handle widgets/modules
Asset Manager - Handle all external files CSS and JavaScript, maybe create a library for this
Models - Database queries, inserts, deletes etc
Controllers - To handle the requests
My_Controller - Base controller for common tasks and for reuse of similar code
Master Template - Header, Footer, 3 column/ 2 column etc

This will come down to your own analysis and how you structure the back-end within Codeigniter itself. The template is pure front-end made up of various plugins to achieve the admin panel. I am sure there have included some kind of install information, it more of a case of hooking the features that require back-end, for instance the login this is where you would now check the database to see if the user exists and if so set session and log them in.

It hard to give a full explanation to your question as I would have to analysis the whole template myself. I hope the information I have provided is sufficent.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB