Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Where have the old CI version downloads gone????

[eluser]boltsabre[/eluser]
Hi Gang,

I've got an old CI project that needs upgrading from V2.0.2 to the latest 2.1.3, however, the old versions have gone! I wanted to run through the version upgrades one-by-one as I find it is less prone to bugs and stuff.

http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...loads.html

Looks like a broken link structure when they did the site upgrade, anyone know if/where I can download previous versions of CI, the links on the above page just redirect to the homepage.

Thanks in advance!

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
While I probably won't sway you out of your preferred development ways, you really don't need each individual version. Very little has changed outside of the system directory since that version. Just take a look at the change log and upgrade versions between then and now.

Thanks for that Aken,

I was having troubles doing the upgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3, as I suspected (which took me a few hours to track down) they had hacked the core files and changed one line of code. When I replaced the core system files with the new ones the site stopped working. All fixed now by simply extending the core class rather than hacking it.

Anyway, that was the main reason I was looking for the older versions, so I could compare the core files. Without being able to download an old version of 2.0.2 it was very hard to tell what had been changed. Luckily I had, from one of my personal site backups, a 2.0.2 version with pure core files to compare against.

I did find older versions of CI on github, but only starting at 2.0.3... and as mentioned in the first post, the download links on this site are broken.... any ideas where I can report these broken links to?

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
You can try contacting EllisLab, or adding them to this thread, but there hasn't been any acknowledgement of any complaints on this forum yet...

Thanks for that, but your right, their lack of replies to date is a major worry :-s Thanks for the link!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB