Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS vs WordPress?

[eluser]solid9[/eluser]
Pros and Cons?

Thanks in advanced.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
There are hundreds of differences between the two. Benefits of either completely depend on the type of project.

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
I would only recommend WordPress for a very simple blog site. If you are doing more than that PyroCMS is what you want.

Also, PyroCMS can handle a basic site as well so IMHO that is the best choice either way. Pyro is built on top of CodeIgniter and has a much cleaner codebase and is more powerful than WordPress.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I think that now Wordpress is the best blogging CMS, but just for blog, not sites.
I have worked with Wordpress for a couple of sites and in my opinion is not well organized.

In the past year I have also worked with PyroCMS and I felt in love it it, is simple and powerfull, and the new 2.2 version is amazing with the new pages type.
I will always choose PyroCMS for sites.

So you need to figured out what you have to create, for a blog Wordpress is perfect, for sites choose PyroCMS without doubt!

[eluser]zvineyard[/eluser]
Honestly, there is a lot to say about this topic, and I'll start by saying that WordPress isn't always the best option. Here are three reasons why I think that is true:

1. WordPress is a giant spam target. If you use WordPress, be prepared to moderate spam comments, even if you use a service like Akisment. I've seen WordPress sites turn multiple spam comments every minute, which just means you'll have to maintenance that stream of comments often.

2. WordPress plugins and themes can contain anything, often leading to poor site performance and load-times. A Google search for "gzinflate wordpress theme" is a little scary.

3. WordPress is a (blogging) content management system trying to pose as a web application framework. The only problem is that WordPress isn't, at heart, a framework. For the developer, it is at most a few libraries and a mound of functions. While it is fairly easy to extend WordPress, developers don't, in contrast with PyroCMS, have a sound foundation of re-usable code available to use in extensions (plugins).

PyroCMS it often a better choice for me, when compared to WordPress, and here's why:

1. It has a shorter development and design time-frame than WordPress. Often, with the help of the excellent online documentation for PyroCMS, I can build a site in Pyro much faster than I can in WordPress. The WordPress Loop doesn't have to kill me.

2. PyroCMS and all of it's add-ons (plugins, etc.) are built using the same pattern (MVC) instead of blobs of procedural PHP. With the strength of CodeIgniter, this makes modifying, creating, and maintaining add-ons to the system much easier. Also, add-ons to PyroCMS are tested and approved by the core team of project developers, ensuring they are secure and have good performance.

3. All of the same end-user abilities found in WordPress (content editing, blogging, RSS feeds, etc.) are also found in PyroCMS.

So, with that, if you are interested in moving a site from WordPress to PyroCMS, you can use this module to make that happen: https://www.pyrocms.com/store/details/wordpress_import

[eluser]solid9[/eluser]
Okay based on your answers I'll study PyroCMS first.
I think the BIG advantage of WordPress right now is the millions of users using it.

But for advanced codes architecture I think I need to go first with PyroCMS.
Thanks for your all inputs guys.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB