Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.6 hits the streets

[eluser]hoojamaflip[/eluser]
Massive props to the many dereks and ellislab crew.. well done guys, thanks for all your hard work.

[eluser]Edemilson Lima[/eluser]
Quote:it would improve CIs reviews and ratings if the included sessions class has the ability to be robust and use PHP Sessions, which have become a standard.

I agree that CI could have both cookies with database and PHP native session. And we could choose which one we want, only changing a line in the config file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best thing about CI is this awesome community. Here the "bosses" are very nice, modest and humble guys. Thank you all people for always participating in our dreams and helping us during our nightmares.

CI is a sweet piece of cake, isn't it? :coolsmile:

[eluser]Edemilson Lima[/eluser]
[quote author="ppiirto" date="1201827049"]
I'm still so n00b with CI, that I don't know how to fix this.[/quote]

Something was not well updated, I think. $URI is created at line 87:

Code:
$URI =& load_class('URI');
class CI_URI {
    var $keyval = array();
    var $uri_string;
    var $segments = array();
    var $rsegments = array();

May something in your code is unsetting $rsegments?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://images.uncyc.org/pt/3/30/Noobudsauh.jpg

http://images.uncyc.org/pt/b/bd/Noob123mil.jpg

http://images.uncyc.org/pt/d/de/Noob666.jpg

And I am so newbie, that I even need to search the net to know what n00b means... :lol:

[eluser]dtrenz[/eluser]
does the addition of the new database.php char_set params deprecate the mysql_hacks (mysql_charset_override) hook? (i.e. SET NAMES...)

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
Yes, dtrenz, MySQL will set the character set for client communication using that database config setting.

[eluser]cescopag[/eluser]
There's some very cool new features in there... Well done! :coolsmirk:

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
This is great news but i cant understand why validation class is still so limited just to post + one level array only. Why not change it to dynamic multilevel input validation class ?

[eluser]coolfactor[/eluser]
[quote author="100procent" date="1202414916"]This is great news but i cant understand why validation class is still so limited just to post + one level array only. Why not change it to dynamic multilevel input validation class ?[/quote]

I ask this question, as well. A very effective solution has already been posted to the Forums for supporting multi-dimensional $_POST data, and this is becoming increasingly popular (and necessary) as web applications get more complex. Let's see CodeIgniter catch up with the needs of the programmers in this area.

I'm not going to search for the posted solution unless someone asks me to. I can also provide the code that I integrated into my own extended version of the Validation library.

Anybody else want the Validation library to get with the times? Smile

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I'm busy hacking the validation library big time but keeping it compatible with CIs version. So far i tested and approved
- file validation
Code:
$rules['userfile'] = 'upload[./uploads]|allowed_filetypes[jpg,png,gif]|valid_filesize[1024]';
- model method validation
Code:
$rules['password'] = 'model[modelname,methodname,optional param]';
- adding custom language files

Things that need a little more work
- stand alone rules
Code:
$this->validation->stand_alone = TRUE;
$data['email_error'] = $this->validation->required('email');
$data['confirm_email_error'] = $this->validation->required('confirm_email');
if($this->validation->stand_alone_errors)
{
   // errors
}
else
{
   // success
}
The stand alone rules is a part of my search to split the rules from the validation class to make it possible to use them without loading the full validation library (the idea came form the email class whet they have a valid_email check)

I want to provide a test suite and proper documentation. This together with constantly getting new ideas is delaying the release.

btw : welcome back Coolfactor Wink

[eluser]nmweb[/eluser]
You'd need to rebuild the entire Validation library in order to get a proper one. Personally, I'd get rid of the whole |rule|rule2 thing and just use arrays. This way you can properly add and remove rules on the fly.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB