Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Code Igniters won't load with php configuration, Please help

[eluser]Mike J.[/eluser]
Hi Everyone,

I am on a linux Web Server trying to use Code Ignigters for the First time and so far, it has been very stressful.

for some of my applications, I have to compile apache and linux myself in order to use my web apps.

I compiled php like so:
Code:
./configure --disable-pdo --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ftp --enable-gd-native-ttf --enable-libxml --enable-magic-quotes --enable-mbstring --enable-sockets --prefix=/opt/php5 --with-apxs2=/opt/apache2/bin/apxs --with-curl=/opt/Curl --with-freetype-dir=/opt/FreeType --with-gd --with-imap=/opt/IMAP --with-imap-ssl=/usr --with-jpeg-dir=/opt/Libjpeg --with-kerberos --with-libxml-dir=/opt/libXML2 --with-mcrypt=/opt/mCrypt --with-mysql=/opt/MySQL --with-mysql-sock=/tmp/mysql.sock --with-mysqli=/opt/MySQL/bin/mysql_config --with-openssl=/opt/OpenSSL --with-openssl-dir=/opt/OpenSSL --with-pcre-regex=/opt/Pcre --with-png-dir=/opt/Libpng --with-ttf --with-xpm-dir=/opt/LibXpm --with-unixODBC=/opt/unixODBC --enable-maintainer-zts  --with-zip

However when I compile php with this:

Code:
./configure --with-apxs2=/opt/apache2/bin/apxs --prefix=/opt/php5

it works but I need the other options for my current web apps.

Is there an option you see above that is known that will not work with Code Igniters?

my php version is 5.2.16

What happens is when I go to the CI index page, I'm stuck in endless loading. and when I type
Code:
echo 'test';
exit;

the page outputs test, so PHP is working.

I have the latest version of CI.

[eluser]vitoco[/eluser]
I don't know exactly what can be wrong with that, but I recommend you to install xdebug and add this code to index.php

Code:
error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE | E_NOTICE ); // line 36

This will output any missing libraries, or incompatibilities to help you debug your installation.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
CI has very basic PHP requirements. Verify your error reporting is enabled, check your logs, yadda yadda.

[eluser]Mike J.[/eluser]
ok, I installed xdebug using

Code:
pecl install xdebug

xdebug support enabled in phpinfo().

I made sure line 12 is :

Code:
error_reporting(E_ALL | E_WARNING | E_PARSE | E_NOTICE);

and the same thing continues to happens. it continues to loop as the page never gets loaded at all. I do not see any errors and also checked the apache error_log. Nothing.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB