Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Newbie at codeigniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi guys, I am a newbie in codeigniter, and there is a project I want to start, and my choice is to use codeigniter framework, however, I am very new to this framework, what the best way to get started, (mostly want to know template and database connection, what I really wanted is a open source application(simple application) build on codeigniter, and can be able to relate to, from template,login, CRUD, database connection, ajax,jquery, etc

[eluser]boltsabre[/eluser]
Hi Giant, and welcome to CodeIgniter!!!

Firstly, it sounds like you know a bit about application development so that's good, hopefully your coding skills are somewhere above complete novice levels, makes this much easier! Even better is if your PHP is good, but so long as you have one language behind you you should be fine.

What I'd recommend is running through some of the video tutorials. Just google it, there are heaps of them out there.

Also, here is the link to the user guide, I'd go through it, it really is great as far as documentation goes.
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/

A note on the videos, a lot of them are based on CI version 1.7, which has a few differences compare to todays version. Most noticeably is that you now extend your controller from CI_Controller (ie, My_new_contoller extends CI_Controller, not whatever the videos say (think it used to be just Controller, not CI_Controller). There are a couple of other little things like this, but the majority of the tutorials are still valid.
Look out for nettuts video series, there is also a website, think it's called codeignitertv, got some very nice stuff on there. But yes, run through some of these tutorials, code along with them, it's a great way to get the "feel" for CI and learn some of the things it can do and best coding patterns for this framework.

Good luck!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thank you so much ,boltsabre, that will really help mi alot

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB