Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
EzAuth 0.6 - The Easiest User Management System for CI

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
Hi everyone. I am releasing EzAuth 0.6 today. As you may know, EzAuth uses "access keys" for different sections or controllers of your website. If you have a message board, blog, and online store on your website, for example, you can give users a different key for each one of those programs.

Or, you can use one key for your entire website. EzAuth is the simplest authorization and user management system for CodeIgniter. Try it out!

EzAuth 0.6 is packed with new functionality, such as:

- Automatic login via cookie (can be used with a "remember me" checkbox on a login form.) Extremely simple to implement! Only two methods need to be called.
- You can give users multiple keys when registering.
- Users with unverified e-mail addresses are saved in a "pending verification" state. You can perform regular clean up of unused accounts using the cleanup function in EzAuth.
- Generate access keys to certain areas of your website on the fly or after a user meets a certain requirement, for example purchasing a membership.
- Numerous bug fixes and better security
- And More!

EzAuth's user database table does not restrict you from adding your own columns to store additional user data. Any information you create when a user signs up will be automatically retrieved by EzAuth when the user logs in. No extra programming or database tables necessary!

You will need to sign up (for free) in order to download EzAuth 0.6. We just want to keep track of who is downloading our stuff!

Read the user guide for a simple overview: http://bizwidgets.biz/user_guide/ezauth.htm
Download now: http://bizwidgets.biz/solutions/ezauth/
Use the online demo: http://bizwidgets.biz/demos/ezauth/mystore/

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
This is just great, great addition for the community.

[eluser]CI MikeD[/eluser]
Hi! loging as admin with admin/admin gives me Account not active.

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
@CI MikeD

I forgot to activate the administrator account in the demo. It works now! Thanks for pointing that out.

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
Nice contribution. A couple of things:
1) Looks as though you can only assign one role per controller method. Is that true?
2) I think you can lose the remap method and call "authorize" in the constructor as well. That way the code can all be in one place.

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
Thanks for the compliments, Rick and sikkle.

About your points Rick,

1. The default access keys are "user" and "admin," but you can assign as many access keys to users as you want. They are limited to one method though. If you would like to use more than one role, you could do that outside of EzAuth. I'm not sure how to go about that inside EzAuth Smile
2. That's a great idea. I never thought about that.

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
The protected pages array could accept strings (as is now the case) or arrays. Something like this:
Code:
$checkout = 'user';
$custom_page = array('store_manager','admin');

$this->ezauth->protected_pages = array(
            'checkout' => $checkout,    
            'custom_page' => $custom_page
);
I don't think that the logic in authorize() would be much more complex.

Maybe to simplify the syntax a bit, you could have a method that assigns to the variable "protected_pages". For example:
Code:
// second param could be string or array
$this->ezauth->protect_page('custom_page',array('store_manager','admin'));

[eluser]mdriscol[/eluser]
Hey, I was using ezauth version .4 and upgraded to .6 and now my user registration form doesn’t work correctly. It add’s the users to the database but doesn’t add their user_access_keys (userid, program and access). The codeigniter errors i get are below:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: models/ezauth_model.php
Line Number: 286

Severity: Notice
Line Number: 289

Severity: Warning
Line Number: 289
An Error Was Encountered
Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL
server version for the right syntax to use near ‘’ at line 1
insert into ez_access_keys (user_id, program, access) values

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
sorry about that mdriscol.

in your registration code, you will need to change your user's access keys to look like the following. EzAuth 0.6 supports multiple access keys upon registration, so it has a new format that I forgot to mention in the user guide:

Code:
$inp = array(
    'ez_users'    =>    array(
        'username'        =>    $this->input->post('username'),        //    **    required field!!
        'first_name'    =>    $this->input->post('first_name'),    //    **    not a default ezauth field!
        'last_name'        =>    $this->input->post('last_name'),    //    **    not a default ezauth field!
        'email'            =>    $this->input->post('email')            //    **    only required if using verification
    ),
    'ez_access_keys' => array(
        'ezboard'    =>    'user',
        'ezstore'    =>    'user',
        'ezblog'    =>    'user',
        'solutions'    =>    'user',
    ),
    'password'    =>    $this->input->post('password'),
);

$user_reg = $this->ezauth->register($inp, true);    //    verify parameter set to true, so verification code will be returned, which can be sent to user

[eluser]mdriscol[/eluser]
Hey no problem. I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Ezauth rawks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB