Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Possible version 3.0

[eluser]xtremer360[/eluser]
Earlier I was looking over the list of changes that ate going into a 3.0 version ad getting excited about it but wanted to know I anyone knew what the target date is?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
It's more and more looking like 'never'.

Look at the commits, they got one dude working on everything. The forums page downplays Codeigniter, less categories (which necessarily isn't that bad) and it's like fourth. I'm not sure Codeigniter is EllisLab's top or second priority. By the looks of how and what code is commited, they don't have a precise internal roadmap themselves.

All this is speculative, of course

[eluser]cpassas[/eluser]
As far as when it will be released, I'm not sure but I think soonish? I'm only basing that on a couple people saying it in the IRC but they are not Ellis or Reactor developers so its here-say.

It does appear only 1 reactor team member is very active, a couple others commit here and there.

The good news is if you look at the commit history for the 3.0 dev branch there are 1000's of commits added to this release. What I think is happening is early 3.0 commits came a lot of more the reactor team. I think lately a lot of more commits are coming from the community and Narfbg (Reactor dev) is just merging in the good commits as he gets them.

I think the only real problem now is Ellis isn't very good communicating. I also agree CI seems to be a lesser priority for them now.(Based on their lack of talking about it)

I wish they had more blog post discussing the process and what new features they are targeting(Yes I know about the change log for 3.0-dev).

It seems like CI has no official voice. There are not current Reactor team members that blog about the project and Ellis never talks about it unless its a new release they mention.

Last thing, I'm already using the 3.0 branch for a project, so far I haven't had any issues but its a risk you have to decide for your self. My project is just starting so I felt comfortable using the dev build.

[eluser]xtremer360[/eluser]
How do u get it?

[eluser]cpassas[/eluser]
[quote author="xtremer360" date="1359960890"]How do u get it?[/quote]

https://github.com/EllisLab/CodeIgniter

Make sure you select the branch "develop"

Then click "zip" (download)

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
If you are going to post links please use the POST REPLY button which will create links.

Download the Zip file.

[eluser]cpassas[/eluser]
[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1360000668"]If you are going to post links please use the POST REPLY button which will create links.

Download the Zip file.
[/quote]

Sorry, I was posting from my phone so I was trying to be brief.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
The forum should auto interpret URLs, but it isn't great at doing it all the time. Not your fault.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB