Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
No-CMS v 0.6.0, A free CodeIgniter based CMS Framework

[eluser]goFrendiAsgard[/eluser]
No-CMS has surpass almost 2 years of development.
Now it has much more cool features. Please take a look at http://www.getnocms.com/
You can also find it on github (https://github.com/goFrendiAsgard/No-CMS) and facebook (https://www.facebook.com/nocms)

A new stable version of No-CMS has been released today, 0.6.0 rev 1, Codename: Ishoni.
You can just download it for free, and start your new adventure.

So, what are you waiting for? Get it for yourself, and do your job fastly, painlessly ....

[eluser]phaethon[/eluser]
Hello,

I have started using No-Cms and it seems very promissing. Thanks for making this available for free.

I notice a strange behaviour. When I am logged in and I switch to another language the change happens immediately and the current page is switched to the language selected. When I'm not logged in the change to the selected language appears only after a page refresh.

Hi, thank you for your report and kind words.
I've just notice this. I'll investigate it and let you know if I find something.

Change language function (around line 323) in /modules/main/controllers/main.php should fix this problem
Code:
public function language($language = NULL)
    {
        $this->cms_guard_page('main_language');
        if (isset($language)) {
            $this->cms_language($language);
            redirect('main/index');
        } else {
            $data = array(
                "language_list" => $this->cms_language_list()
            );
            $this->view('main/language', $data, 'main_language');
        }
    }
I'll make this fix official. Thanks again

[eluser]mrgswift[/eluser]
Hi goFrendiAsgard!

Thank you so much for all your hard work on No-CMS

I know No-CMS doesn't yet support SQLite. I was wondering if you ever have plans to support SQLite.

I am trying to import the tables from a base/clean install of No-CMS from mysql to SQLite, and change my application/database.php according to what this blog http://codeigniter-blog.de/110/sqlite-with-codeigniter/ says to do.

I was able to successfully create and insert data into the tables using the database manager: adminer into a SQLite database file. I set the tables, columns, and constraints with the most similar data types, keys, and constraints SQLite supports like changing varchar to text and all types of int's to integer

I also setup my database.php file the way suggested in the blog. However I am still getting the error

Code:
Fatal error: Call to a member function execute() on a non-object in ...\system\database\drivers\pdo\pdo_driver.php on line 193

Have you ever explored options on how you would implement SQLite into No-CMS? If so, is there anything you can think of offhand that would prevent No-CMS from working with SQLite?

Thanks in advance for your help! :-)

Hello,
Thanks for the answer. This solves the problem but it would be preferable if it refreshed the current page instead of redirecting to home.
Also I noticed that in the configuration management when I change site_name, site_slogan and site_footer still the default values appear. When I create new configuration value e.g. my_site_footer and include in page with
Code:
{{ my_site_footer }}
then it appears fine.
Also, in main/views/login.php I tried to change like this:
Code:
echo form_submit('login', '{{ language:Login }}', 'class="btn btn-primary"');
but the button appears with {{ language:login }} on it instead of the defined value in the languages files
Code:
$lang['Login'] = 'Login';
I could overcome this with:
Code:
<input type="submit" name="login" class="btn btn-primary" value={{ language:Login }}>
The {{ language:… }} works fine with CI anchor and label tags.

Finally, I was wondering if there is a way to control the order of the items in the complete menu drop down.

@mrgswift: Some of No-CMS features such a module generator is really depend on My-SQL. I hope I can do things about sqlite, but it would be long. Right now, No-CMS doesn't support sqlite yet.
@phaeton:
Code:
redirect('main/language');
should "refresh" the page.
I'll check the other problems, and confirm it later

Around line 852, change after_update_config function into this:
Code:
public function after_update_config($post_array, $primary_key){
        // adjust configuration file entry
        $query = $this->db->select('config_name')->from(cms_table_name('main_config'))->where('config_id', $primary_key)->get();
        if($query->num_rows()>0){
            $row = $query->row();
            $config_name = $row->config_name;
            cms_config($config_name, $post_array['value']);
        }
        return TRUE;
    }

I'll make this patch official

Thanks a lot for the answers!

I have built the pokemon module as instructed in the tutorial. In the show function in the pokemon.php controller file there is the line loading the view
Code:
$this->view('new_module/pokemon_index',$data,'main_index');

Everything works fine so far.

I created my own theme with twitter bootstrap and everything still works fine with the default layout.
Then I created another layout named home.php.
Is there a way to use the new layout with the above syntax?

I tried the template library syntax
Code:
$this->template->title('Pokemon Module');
$this->template->set('pokemon_list',$pokemon_list);
$this->template->set_theme('my_theme_name');
$this->template->set_layout('home');
$this->template->build('pokemon_index');
The new layout is loaded and the list of pokemons displayed but all the stuff inside {{ }} (widgets, language, configuration) fails to render and it appears within the {{ }}. The same happens when I view the code of the page in the browser I see for instance:
Code:
<html lang="{{ language:language_alias }}">

In the User Guide I see that the template library syntax is mentioned but in the tutorials and the actual code there is this other method.

The tags (everything with {{ }}) only works when you use $this->view();

To make new themes, I suggest you to copy existing theme (in /themes/ folder)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB