Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Loading Assets from inside of theme folder

[eluser]xtremer360[/eluser]

In trying to find out how to have the following work. I have the template library located here and I'm trying to figure out how I can have the dashboard look for the images/css/js files in the file structure below as opposed to the regular assets folder in the public_html folder since those files only pertain to that theme.

https://github.com/philsturgeon/codeigniter-template

Code:
/application
   /themes
      /supr
          /views
              dashboard.php
          /assets
             /js
             /css
             /images
/public_html
    /assets
        /js
        /css
        /images
    index.php

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
If you take a look at the .htaccess file in the application directory you will see why it doe's not work.

Any idea on what I should do to correct this problem and what files I would only need to make this work to show assets from the themes/current theme/ assets directory?

Just odd because I don't see anything fr the pyro cms project that has a htaccess that deals with these.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
You need to put your themes folder outside of the application directory, or change the .htaccess file in the directory to allow for the themes folder to be used.

Like I've been saying I'm trying to see how in the .htaccess file of pyro this helps it but i'm not sure.

Then again I'm not sure exactly the same issue still remains of what files are important for me to incorporate without just throwing files into my server that I don't need to accomplish this.

Like I know the asset library file but what else I wonder. Anyone know that has seen and dealt with that CMS?

I added this to my default.php file in my layouts folder and nothing gets echoed and I have no idea why.

<?php echo Asset::css('bootstrap/bootstrap.min.css'); ?>

I have this in my file system.

/application
/themes
/supr
/views
dashboard.php
login.php
/layouts
default.php
/parials
header.php
footer.php
breadcrumbs.php
sidebar.php
/assets
/js
/css
/bootstrap
bootstrap.min.css
/images
/public_html
/assets
/js
/css
/images
index.php

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Looking at your file structure again, if your application folder is outside of your web root (assuming /public_html/ is your web root), then you can't do this at all. Static assets called via HTTP requests (images, CSS, JS) have to be accessible via the web, e.g. somewhere in your /public_html/ folder. You'll have to move your themes folder there, and adjust the file path for it in your script accordingly.

That's odd because Pyro doesn't have the normal setup either.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Pyro doesn't suggest putting files outside of your web root...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB