Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Windows NT IE 8 hanging on performance with my application

[eluser]douglasbrownca01[/eluser]
Is this an appropriate way to build a page? There is one call that has some database queries in some selectboxes that bring back options from the database.

Code:
$this->load->view('templates/header', $data);
   $this->load->view('templates/nav', $data);
   $this->load->view('templates/all-search', $data);
   $this->load->view('home/home.php', $data);
   $this->load->view('templates/sidebar-downloads.php', $data);  
   $this->load->view('templates/sidebar-accessories.php', $data);  
   $this->load->view('templates/sidebar-application-assistance.php', $data);
   $this->load->view('templates/news-close', $data);  
   $this->load->view('templates/footer', $data);

The reason I ask is that I am having some performance issues with IE8 on the NT operating system - specifically the pages are taking more than 1 minute to actively refresh and load the next page. The page load itself isn't too bad and within limits in IE 8 on the NT system. IE 7,8,9 in System 7 are a little slow but they don't hang like this, firefox and chrome blaze on the application in NT.

I've ripped out all javascript and jQuery calls to the DOM and it still seems to hang when trying to move from dynamic to dynamic page. I've removed the file that is loading the form with the queries, and that doesn't seem to help.

The site is hosted at Mediatemple on their grid server, and I have had no issues with them for years running wordpress in a shared environment.

Profiler says that I"m bringing back 13-14 queries in the page and when I watch the application, it's not really having a hard time bringing back the data once the page loads. I'm not joining any tables and the data all comes back from one table and it's never more than about 300 rows of data.

Any ideas?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB