Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using ImageMagick for Watermarks

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
We desparately need to use ImageMagick to implement Watermarking and have no idea how to do so.

There's a note on the image library user docs that defines this clearly: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...e_lib.html

Quote:Note: Watermarking is only available using the GD/GD2 library. In addition, even though other libraries are supported, GD is required in order for the script to calculate the image properties. The image processing, however, will be performed with the library you specify.

Isn't there a way to achieve this? There must be.

The reason we need the Image Library to use the ImageMagick for Watermarks is because GD2 strips rich colors from all our original images. ImageMagick does not.

Any leads/ideas/thoughts would help us greatly.

—V.

///

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Can't really be done with CI's image library. I'd say either extend the image library with your own watermarking function that works properly, or figure out exactly where/why GD is stripping rich colors and how you can fix it (by extending the library and overwriting that particular method, so you don't have to rewrite from scratch).

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Or, find another third-party solution that's already built and does what you need. I don't know of any off the top of my head, though.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB