Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
vBulletin integration - best method for header, footer and site functionality inclusion

[eluser]35mm[/eluser]
The site I am developing has vBulletin forums which I have integrated into registration, login, sessions, profiles etc. The forums are not the main feature of the site so user profiles, private messaging etc are done in the main CI part of the site. vB shares the database with the main site, and it's basically integrated by duplicating the registration, login and sessions between the main site and vB. I'm new to CI, and I'm wondering what would be the best method of integrating vBulletin into the design of the site. Specifically adding header and footer, including site functionality to the vBulletin forums.

I'm using CI Bootstrap & HTML5 Boilerplate. I can't think of a practical way of including the header and footer and site functionality from CI in the forums at the moment, but I might be missing something obvious. What I want to do apart from, obviously integrate the forums by adding the site header and footer, is include the overall site functionality e.g pop up a notification when the user receives a new message etc. What would be the best way of doing this?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB