Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problem with Thumbnails & image to display on the page

[eluser]yuro[/eluser]
I have restarted my XAMPP Control and deleted the htaccess file, but the link localhost/ci/ does not work!

The htaccess file must have triggered it.

I opened a new project and copied over my files. In the new directory the link localhost/ci2/ works!

Before I could even enter "localhost" in my adress line.

Now he's not even open "localhost" he gives me automatically "www.localhost", only when I type http://localhost/ !

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
The .htaccess file is parsed on each request, and any configuration settings set through it only persist for that request. Deleting it can not cause the problems you're describing. Sorry, but it's a fact. You must have done something else somewhere along the line.

I would recommend rebooting your PC just in case there's an orphaned process running somewhere. I assume you're using Firefox, which uses domain guessing. If it can't connect to the site with the name you have provided, it will try again with a www. in front. It sounds to me like your Web server isn't running, or has been misconfigured. Find the error logs and have a look through them.

[eluser]yuro[/eluser]
Ok i tested the link in other browsers and in Internet Explorer the link works.

What must i do that it works in firefox too?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
This is the CodeIgniter forum, not a Firefox forum, but I'll do my best...

If you type "localhost" into your address bar, you should get a dropdown list of URLs you've previously visited. One of those is probably "www.localhost". Using the arrow keys, you can navigate down, and press "Delete" to remove the entry. I would also recommend deleting your cache, too, since I've had a similar problem before where clearing the cache helped.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB