Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
500 Internal Server Error because of a line of code in system/core/CodeIgniter.php

[eluser]brianbabu[/eluser]
Hi Everyone,

I am having a very hard time to figure this out. I had uploaded my CMS which is developed on the CI framework. I have configured the script with the database but however i try to access the index.php file it shows up an Internal Server Error but i could access another file ini.php which is at the same location as the index.php. I do not have .htaccess at the root. Anything that i need to take care about. Please let me know. Its very urgent.

I had posted this issue at daniweb and did get good response but not good enough to solve this problem.

I tried to find the line of code that is creating this error by doing die("Reached index.php....gotcha!!"); and came to know that

Code:
call_user_func_array(array(&$CI, $method), array_slice($URI->rsegments, 2));

this line is creating the problem. Any idea why is it? This is located in system/core/CodeIgniter.php

Is this the problem regarding the version of PHP being used? Cuz i am using WAMP which is running on PHP 5.3 and its working perfectly. the application is to be hosted on a windows environment which ofcourse is IIS7.0. I did a phpinfo() function call it didn't reveal the version of PHP.

What confuses me is that i used the same CI version for another client it worked for her but for this one. Both the websites are on the same server running Windows OS. Any Suggestions guys? I am also trying to get this thing resolved from my end too because i have never dealt with such an error before.

Any help would be great.

THANKS!!

Hey guys,
It seems my code is fine. It was a server issue. I moved the entire files to another server with IIS installed. The website opened but i couldn't access the admin panel of the website after logging in. do you think i need to set some permissions to some folders. i am just guessing. This is the error i got after logging in.

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\PLESKVHOSTS\vhosts\pdocricket.com\httpdocs\TestCMS\application\controllers\admin.php:43)
Filename: libraries/Session.php
Line Number: 675

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\PLESKVHOSTS\vhosts\pdocricket.com\httpdocs\TestCMS\application\controllers\admin.php:43)
Filename: helpers/url_helper.php
Line Number: 542

Anyone??????????????????????????????????????????????????

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Do you have a closing PHP tag at the end of your file? If so, you may have trailing whitespace that's causing the problem. Due to this, we recommend that you omit the closing ?> tag in every file.

You may find that something is throwing an error and causing output to be sent. I suggest you check the source code that's being sent to your browser. The error may well be there.

hey, Thanks for the reply. I have to remove the closing tags or all my controllers and models? :-O

You don't have to, but it can help. http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...losing_tag

It's also possible that you have a whitespace before an opening PHP tag, although that's a lot less likely.

It might help if we could see the code in your admin controller - particularly line 43.

here is the whole function

public function validate_credentials()
{
$info = array(
"pagetitle" => 'Admin Panel - Login'
);
$this->load->model('login_model');
$result=$this->login_model->validate();
if($result==1)
{
echo "We'll take you to the dashboard shortly";
$data=array(
"users_id" =>$this->login_model->userinfo('users_id',$_POST['username_field'],$_POST['password_field']),
"is_logged_in" =>true
);
$this->session->set_userdata($data);
redirect('dashboard');
}
else
{
$data= array(
'login_error' => 'Invalid Username / Password'
);
$this->load->view('admin/login_button_view',$data);
}
}

It worked flawlessly on my PC - Wampserver. The production server is IIS instead of Apache.

Please could you put your code in code tags?

Which is line 43?

Oh am very sorry! I am so damn desperate right now
Line 43 is $this->session->set_userdata($data);

Code:
public function validate_credentials()
{
  $info = array(
  “pagetitle” => ‘Admin Panel - Login’
  );
  $this->load->model(‘login_model’);
  $result=$this->login_model->validate();
  if($result==1)
  {
  echo “We’ll take you to the dashboard shortly”;
  $data=array(
  “users_id” =>$this->login_model->userinfo(‘users_id’,$_POST[‘username_field’],$_POST[‘password_field’]),
  “is_logged_in” =>true
  );
  $this->session->set_userdata($data);
  redirect(‘dashboard’);
  }
  else
  {
  $data= array(
  ‘login_error’ => ‘Invalid Username / Password’
  );
  $this->load->view(‘admin/login_button_view’,$data);
  }
}

I can't help thinking that the line that's causing the problem is this one:
Code:
echo “We’ll take you to the dashboard shortly”;

Does commenting that out make any difference?

Also, did you check the source code for errors being output? In most browsers it's CTRL + U to view the source.

As a work around, adding:
Code:
ob_start();

to the beginning of your index.php file might help with this. It should mean that anything being output too early should still be buffered, and should stop your app from breaking.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB