Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI cookbook ?

[eluser]Radou[/eluser]
Hello

First please bare with me for my questions, I just got into the CI universe and I am liking it so far but have a question that is confusing me.

First a general remark, when we first start using CI we get easily lost with the amount of tutorials we find online, the official documentation is no doubt great, but the only problem, something I was hoping to see is an official handbook, what we have here are the ingredient for a very delicious plate, but not the cook book. It would be great to see a from A to Z guide on building an app with CI, which make me think about my second point which is : almost all books out there (I bought one from amazon, are outdated (old versions) which makes it difficult to match with the newest version of CI.

[eluser]painkiller[/eluser]
You need nothing but the user guide ! Good luck

[eluser]StevenSokulski[/eluser]
Radou

There are a handful of good "Build a blog in 20 minutes" type posts out there that should help you to understand the basic principles of CodeIgniter including form validation, database interaction, etc. Beyond that, the manual is fantastic.

I was in your shoes not that long ago. Maybe 18 months? If you've got a decent understanding of PHP and can put together your data model, you should find that CodeIgniter is a really great extension of your workflow.

And if you have specific questions, post 'em in the forum!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB