Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 3?

[eluser]thebigpj[/eluser]
I am sorry if this question has been asked recently. I was just wondering if CodeIgniter 3 was due for release soon? I see it has 8/10 on github for it. But any updates were two weeks ago+

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Nobody knows.

[eluser]cpassas[/eluser]
Last week the only developer on the project 'Narf' said it could be any day. I think the problem is we're waiting for EllisLab to give the thumbs up. I've contacted them a couple times and they just say soon but no details.

My personal guess is sometime between today and 2 months from now.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
You actually got a response from EllisLab? I've emailed them maybe half a dozen times and not a single response. Pretty much why I don't care about contributing anymore.

[eluser]cpassas[/eluser]
[quote author="Aken" date="1363897279"]You actually got a response from EllisLab? I've emailed them maybe half a dozen times and not a single response. Pretty much why I don't care about contributing anymore.[/quote]

I've emailed back and forth with them via their support email a few times, always the same support person responding. It takes 1-2 days each time to hear back. Basically what is said CI is still important to us and it will release soon.

I also mentioned my own concerns about EllisLab's lack of new/updates for CI and it was really bad for the community. They said they would pass my feedback along.

[eluser]thebigpj[/eluser]
Thanks - Whilst I will stick with CI2 this time as now I only have development time left. I do hope CI3 will be out without the next week or two for my next project.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
[quote author="cpassas" date="1363897874"]I've emailed back and forth with them via their support email a few times[/quote]

Ah, that's why. I don't deal with support, I've just directly emailed a few people whose addresses I could find. The support answers sound like the same canned stuff that doesn't matter.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB