Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter static and non-responsive to CodeIgniter Bootstrap

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how do I transfer or integrate CodeIgniter-Bootstrap to my CodeIgniter static non-responsive site.

this the static non-responsive site: <a href="qitc.xu.edu.ph">QITC(non-responsive)</a>

so I wanna make it responsive to any device and screen resolution using Code-Igniter Bootstrap.
How do I do it?, will it be a start from scratch again? Help me pls.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're expecting to achieve. What do you mean by "non-responsive"?

Are you wanting to break your page up into individual pages? If so, you'll probably need to start from scratch. You'll need to create a main template, and break everything up into separate controllers/views.

Alternatively, you might want to hide each section using Javascript, to give the illusion of having individual pages. When a link is clicked, the current section will be hidden, and the relevant section will be made visible.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thanks for your response..

well as I thought it would be, there is no such thing as making a static one page site to something responsive in terms of screen resolution which is what bootstrap is all about.

Everyone would definitely start from scratch but it depends on how your website was designed, because some websites are easy to change and update without having the toll of starting from scratch.

so I guess I'll start from scratch as what I thought and what you said it could be.. thanks Smile

To anyone who could see this post?.. if what I said still contradicts your opinion feel free to post something that can help those people who haven't used CI-Bootstrap and wanted to switch from CI to CI-Bootstrap Smile

Thank you Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB